Job Title: Business Systems Support
Department: SSI Solutions G&A
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
This position is responsible for the support of various types of software programs by troubleshooting, gathering requirements to resolve and/or prevent issues, investigating problems with software applications, and diagnosing root causes for prompt resolution. The individual is responsible for, testing, preparing end user training programs and related courseware, and must become a Subject Matter Expert by developing working knowledge of all the working applications and the environment in which they are used. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Knowledge of application and execution of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Proactive approach to execute and complete assignments
- Some education in information technology field
- Working knowledge of macros and VBA for MS Excel
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Effective collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving capability with skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Self-motivated and self-starter attitude able to work and collaborate with teams as well as work independently
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to think logically, follow procedures, and instructions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Ability to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Proficient in VBA and macros for enhancements of processes
- Industry related experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain a strong understanding of business processes and of the various applications used throughout the organization
- Perform all Departmental Procurement
- Maintain Hardware inventory
- Provide assistance and seek resolutions on a broad variety of commercial issues, to include both domestic and overseas location whom may primarily communicate in Spanish.
- Manage incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems
- Receive initial telephone, email or helpdesk tickets with inquiries
- Identify, research, and resolve reported issues
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Provide feedback to end users, interpret results, and make recommendations to management for business/systems process improvements
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders
- Make decision to generate a defect or work order ticket for issues that will require attention from the Development Team
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-up to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Post software updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution
- Assist with testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned
- The employee is continuously required to sit and use his fingers
- The employee continuously required to talk and/or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to Business Systems Manager; does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Indoors office environment most of the time where the exposure is a controlled temperature and office environment
- May be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity when supporting users in the warehouse
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy with many phone conversations going on simultaneously
- When in the warehouse, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and will have some exposure to dust, fumes, and/or airborne particles
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.