Job Title: Team Lead - Standard Export
Department: SSI Export
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Assist in maintaining an efficient and profitable added value service within the scope of Export, Warehouse Consolidations, and Inland for freight shipments exporting from the United States. Maintain effective business relationships with suppliers, vendors, carriers, customers, and domestic offices/departments. Work and communicate with other members of the Company to create an effective team. Contribute expert knowledge during discussions of critical issues. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Three (3) years of experience in exports, inland coordination, and warehousing consolidations. To include: export documentation for air and ocean, coordinating inland trucking for LTL/FTL (Less/Full Trailer Load), cargo consolidation FCL/LCL (Less/Full Container Load), container maximization, and PO Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Effective analytical and negotiating skills relevant to rating, pricing, and bookings.
- Knowledge of Export Regulations and governing Federal Agencies.
- Experience in preparation of Electronic Export Information (EEI/SED), Ocean Bill of Lading (OBL) documents, airway bills, Letter of Credits, and Purchase Order Management.
- Knowledge of export documents such as Commercial invoice, Certificates of Origin, USDA and Phytosanitary certificates.
- Demonstrate ability to lead people.
- Intermediate computer skills (in programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Advanced communication skills in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment in both, English and Spanish.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and other individuals s/he may have to contact in order to perform her/his job.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries regarding the areas and/or countries s/he works with.
- Excellent attention to details and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with emphasis on quality of work.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask, and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations (Federal Maritime Commission, Census Bureau, OFAC, U.S. Customs, environmental and hazardous, import/export, maritime Air and Civil Aeronautic Board).
- Familiarity with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and shipping terms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Standard Export team to ensure effective execution of Seaboard Solutions services.
- Train all team members to meet the company’s service objectives and assist management in maintaining a continuous staff enhancement program.
- Continuously review, modify, and enhance processes and procedures to maintain optimal service and efficiency levels.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for accounts and the division.
- Maintain positive and encouraging working relation with all service providers.
- Oversees the consolidation team to ensure shipments are coordinated in a timely manner.
- Monitor PO Management events to ensure they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Audit export shipment files for accuracy.
- Monitor consolidated containers are maximized based on established criteria.
- Maintain management informed on a regular basis, alerting management of business opportunities, problems /issues.
- Keep current with government regulations pertaining to international commodities shipments, e.g. hazardous materials, customs, foreign country regulations.
- Prepare appropriate shipping documentation, billing to customer, air way bills, delivery orders, commercial documents, etc. as well as tracking of shipments.
- Prepare and oversee load plans of cargoes per customer’s request.
- Prepare reports required by customers or management, and invoice all related services performed on shipments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Export Assistant Manager of Seaboard Solutions. Assists with supervision over other staff.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.