Job Title: Data Entry Clerk (Warehouse)
Department: SSI Freight Labor
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Position entails entering information into the company’s data base/computer system in order to facilitate the documentation and information retrieval process for all warehouse transactions performed by the company. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Ability to type 40 wpm accurately with minimal errors.
- Must be able to process alpha/numeric information.
- Ability to communicate in English (read & write) in a business environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multi-task, prioritize and have strong initiative.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends as needed.
- One (1) year of data entry clerk experience
- Industry related experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create warehouse receipt for all incoming shipments in a timely manner.
- Reconcile expected cargo versus warehouse receipt tally sheets
- Submit Warehouse Receipt information to internal customers within set parameters
- Scan Bill of ladings (POD) into our computer system and send a copy to our customers accurately.
- Maintain inventory integrity on a per warehouse receipt transaction
- Meet required deadlines for shipments.
- Enter and process correction or adjustments in the database.
- Ensure all information pertaining to a specific shipment is system entered.
- Assist data entry clerks of companies additional warehouse operations as needed
- Assist in the physically inspection cargo to reconcile inconsistencies in paperwork versus physical as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use his fingers at all times.
- The employee occasionally is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Warehouse Manager. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Interchangeable Indoor and Outdoor environment. While indoors exposed to controlled temperature and office environment. While outdoors exposed to changes in temperature and humidity in warehouse environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
- Occasionally exposed to dust, fumes and/or airborne particles.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.