Job Title: Customs Brokerage Entry Writer
Department: SSI Import
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Responsible for efficient entry processing and shipment Import Security filings to ensure timely delivery and compliance of Customs regulations as well any other governmental agencies. To represent the company’s interest in any function, specifically those related to the compliance of brokerage functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required..
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Three (3) years of Customs brokerage experience.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations.
- Knowledge of FDA/OGA process.
- In-depth understanding of U.S. import process.
- Intermediate Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook, ABI).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work for extended hours and on weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process customs entries; including classifying invoice, remote filing, 7512.
- Compile, review and manage all documentation and records required to clear goods through US Customs and utilize experience and knowledge of US Customs rules and regulations to classify goods and determine applicable duty and taxes.
- Transmit information to ABI, verify results and make corrections if necessary.
- Check Customs release for discrepancies and maintain appropriate records on file.
- Execute file billing in a timely manner.
- Keeps Good record keeping as required by law.
- Reports to Import Manager on an ongoing basis to ensure policies and procedures are being followed as set forth by company standards.
- Assist Management compile documentation for Customs packets as required by Customs.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Employee receives direct supervision from Import Manager. Employee does not exercise supervision over any other position
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.