Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Department: SSI Logistics
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions - Miami
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Assist and maintains a cohesive Logistics Division that supports the company’s Inbound Logistics activities and overall Freight Management of International and Domestics shipments. Maintains effective business relationships with foreign and domestic offices/partners, vendors and accounts. Work and communicates with other members of the Company to create an effective and cohesive team. Contribute expert knowledge during discussions of critical issues. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Four (4) years of experience in the ocean and air transportation industry. To include; export documentation, import documentation, coordinating inland trucking for LCL/FCL (Less/Full Container Load), cargo insurance, hazardous cargo, cargo consolidation/deconsolidation and distribution programs to include segregation, cross-dock, P.O. Managements, Vendor Managed Inventories, special programs.
- One (1) year of experience supervising within the transportation industry.
- Demonstrated skills relevant to evaluating rating and pricing information.
- Effective analytical and negotiating skills relevant to domestic LTL and FCL transportation.
- Intermediate computer skills (in programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including telephone etiquette and positive customer relations abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify customer service requirements and works in conjunction with management to ensure appropriate operating procedures are in place to support.
- Supervises and assists the Logistics Coordinators to analyzes and coordinate the logistical functions, including relevant import documentation such as but not limited to, copy of ocean B/L or air waybill, packing lists, delivery orders, cargo clearance documentation, etc.
- Supervises and assists the Logistics Coordinators to ensure the effective coordination of inventory of stock and product orders are processed within warehouse release guidelines. Arranges warehousing and transportation of shipments to customers. Investigates and responds to inquiries regarding distribution and shipping.
- Must have complete knowledge of company’s services and aspects of departments and sister companies.
- Analyze customer’s supply chain segments and provide Freight Management recommendations as well as work with pricing, transportation and warehouse partners to define/secure the most cost-effective rate structure for the overall movement of freight through domestic trucking and warehousing channels.
- Serve as the Liaison with customer, agents, Air and Ocean Carriers in contract negotiations and protect the customers shipping interests.
- Work with warehouse operations to track and prepare loading or distribution specification of cargoes as per customer requirements.
- Work with customer suppliers to track cargo availability, coordinate pick up and ship orders based on PO Management customer guidelines while identifying the most effective routing means based on established rate structures and in compliance with all governmental agencies/regulations
- Prepare reports required by customers and ensure invoicing of all related services performed by the logistics team.
- Provides educational support to Logistics Coordinators
- Setup, review and maintain internal and customer’s KPIs to manage division productivity and positive results as well business enhancement.
- Consistently review of Business Intelligence to apply towards enhancement of overall division results.
- Close shipment files within the guidelines time frame.
- Maintain management and overseas offices informed on a regular basis, alerting management of business opportunities, problems /issues.
- Seek additional business opportunities with customers and agent during business interactions; thus, work with Seaboard Marine to further enhance service offerings to potential mutual customers, to all markets served.
- Knowledge in motor carrier load tendering, routing, rate activities, ocean import activities, freight tracing and expediting activities
- Recommend processes and concepts to improve movement efficiencies, cost savings, and profitability as applicable. Maintain and update standard operations procedures.
- Assist management with special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
- The employee is occasionally required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Logistics Manager.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.