Job Title: Import Export Account Representative (Ocean/Air Services)
Department: SSI Ocean Services Import
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions - Miami
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Assist and maintains an efficient and profitable added value Export/Import service scope for SSI Ocean Services. Maintains effective business relationships with foreign and domestic offices/agents and accounts. Work and communicate with other members of the Company to create an effective and cohesive team. Contribute expert knowledge during discussions of critical issues. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
- Three (3) years’ experience in the U.S. ocean and/or air transportation industry. To include; NVOCC, export and import documentation, coordinating inland trucking for LCL/FCL (Less/Full Container Load), cargo insurance, hazardous cargo, cargo consolidation/deconsolidation, AMS filing.
- Experience in preparation of Electronic Export Information (EEI) (equivalent to SED), Ocean Bill of Lading (MBL & HBL) documents, import arrival notifications.
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations (Federal Maritime Commission, Interstate Commerce Commission, U.S. Customs, TSA, environmental and hazardous, import/export, maritime Air and Civil Aeronautic Board).
- Familiarity with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and shipping terms.
- Demonstrated skills relevant to evaluating rating and pricing information.
- Effective analytical and negotiating skills relevant to rating, pricing and bookings.
- Intermediate computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English at an advanced level and Spanish at an intermediate level (verbal and written).
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including telephone etiquette and positive customer relations abilities.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment in both, English and Spanish.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and other individuals she/he may have to contact in order to perform her/his job.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries regarding the areas and/or countries she/he works with.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with warehouse operations to track and prepare loading specs of cargoes as per customer requirements while maximizing cubic utilization of Ocean Containers.
- Perform cargo bookings and all related tasks for ocean and air services
- Gather and monitor all relevant export/import documentation needed to ship via ocean or air.
- Prepare appropriate shipping documentation, letters of instruction, invoices, bill of ladings (HBL & MBL), air way bills, arrival notices, delivery orders, packing lists, Certificates of origin etc. as well as tracking of shipments.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation and electronic transmissions are presented and filed within government agency regulations. To include AMS and ISF and further confirm that shipments are properly released by government agencies.
- Secure Original bills of lading properly endorsed, delivery orders and Ocean and/or Air Freight payment prior to release of cargo. Work with management and collections division on the handling of cargoes for collect customer or those with credit.
- Work with customer suppliers to track cargo availability, coordinate pick up and ship orders based on PO Management customer guidelines while identifying the most effective routing means based on established rate structures and in compliance with all governmental agencies/regulations (Customs, Census Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Haz-mat regulations, FMC).
- Prepare reports required by customers and invoice all related services performed on Export and import shipments.
- Ensures rates found in the tariff, bill of ladings, and airway bill are accurate.
- Prepare profit split reports with agents and net settlements.
- Keep current with government regulations pertaining to international commodities shipments, e.g. hazardous materials, customs, foreign country regulations.
- Handling of foreign to foreign shipments.
- Performs additional job related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
- The employee is occasionally required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Logistics Manager of Seaboard Solutions, Inc. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.