Job Title: Logistics Sales Representative
Department: SSI Ocean Services G&A
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions - Miami
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Provides sales support and generates business for all Seaboard Solutions Inc. (SSI) services. To represent the company’s interest in any function, specifically those customer-related. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Three (3) years of sales experience in US freight forwarding, NVOCC, and/or Third Party Logistics industry within related market.
- Advanced communication skills in English and Spanish both verbal and written.
- Intermediate Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Class E Driver’s License, with a clean record.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented Team environment.
- Ability to think logically and make sound decisions based on own discretion.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas as deemed necessary by sales management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a viable account base, focusing on all SSI services, but gearing towards a specifically assigned target market.
- Plan & manage a regular call/visit cycle according to the standards and directives of sales management.
- Daily reporting of all planned/effected sales calls/visits, keeping a minimum amount of calls as required by sales management, and maximizing effectiveness through proper geographical identification of accounts, including calls while entertaining customers and traveling.
- Profile and identify customer base and keep proper records updated, account profiles, customer files, mailing lists, etc.
- Generate sales leads and other pertinent information on both existing and new business.
- Maintain a constant line of communication with all regional offices (domestic and/or foreign).
- Respond to incoming sales leads for assigned accounts/territory based on time criteria set by management.
- Provide sales & marketing management, as well as respective regional offices, comprehensive reporting on specific markets/accounts/competition on a regular basis, in order to maintain all interested parties properly advised and informed.
- Utilize all designated/provided resources and tools as directed by sales and marketing management, in the daily job functions.
- Keep abreast of all FMC guidelines, including any new regulations and changes.
- Develop and maintain a relationship and proactive line of communication with Pricing Staff on related issues.
- Maintain proper and accurate expense records of all customer entertainment, travel and other expenses in compliance with company policies.
- Attend Department meetings as directed, and/or any other function such as trade shows, association meetings on a regular basis, representing SSI in a professional manner.
- Oversee the overall performance of any specifically assigned market, and to interact with all parties in respect to the success of the same.
- Maintain a constant and regular line of communication with the appropriate overseas offices, and take necessary actions to ensure all directives are being followed.
- Keep Manager of Business Development properly informed of any issues concerning the area of responsibility cited.
- Provide any necessary support as directed by Management.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from Manager of Business Development. Does not exercise supervision over any position but may request the assistance of office/clerical staff.
- Indoor office environment (70%).
- Outdoors environment driving to visit and meet with customers (30%).
- Exposed to non-controlled temperature and office environment controlled temperature intermittently during the day.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.