Job Title: Trucking Transportation Manager
Department: SSI Logistics
Office Name: Seaboard Solutions
Address: 7860 NW 80th Street
Postal Code: 33166
Position entails responsibility for managing the execution, direction and coordination of all U.S. Transportation matters with the organization. This includes identifying, vetting and managing the relationships with the most reliable vendor resources along with the most cost-effective pricing for all inland moves across the different conveyance options. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Five (5) years of experience managing logistical administration of local/long haul trucking.
- Intermediate computer skills in programs such as Excel and Outlook and at a basic level in MS Word.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively at an intermediate level (speak, read and write) in a business environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions as well as ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from departmental managers or subdivisions regarding inland move rates.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee transportation department, including its employees and transportation vendors.
- Manages all aspects of the Transportation Division services to include FCL, FTL and LTL and establishes quality transportation services.
- Deliver solutions to Transportations problems to include expedites and re-routing, while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Develop partnerships with outside carriers and responsible for vetting partners, negotiating and establishing services costs and maintaining the cost data base.
- Select carriers across regions and designated lane and monitor service against performance criteria through KPI development.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Responsible for the invoicing of domestic division and plans and implements financial reports as well as business analytics.
- Create, implement and maintain best practice logistics principles, standard operating procedures, policies and processes across the division to improve operational and financial performance
- Manage performance of division employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
- Lead transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies, optimization and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Assist senior management with additional projects and cross divisional systems enhancements to link U.S. transportation to International shipments.
- Travel as needed for implementation of operational projects.
- Assists Claims department in gathering related shipment documentation and subrogating with transportation vendors
- Assist systems division in the analysis of new business systems to established a satisfactory TMS for the organization.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Sr. Vice President and exercises supervision over the transportation division.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.